The Team Associated Monster GT is an exceptionally large, 1/8 scale nitro-powered ready-to-run four-wheel-drive R/C monster truck designed, built and distributed by Associated Electrics of Costa Mesa, California, USA.
Described on the corporate website as the “Bigger, Faster, Tougher” monster truck, the Monster GT is powered by a 4.60 engine. Engine displacement is approximately 33% greater than most similar models. A dual engine starting system, tuned exhaust pipe, disc brake, extruded aluminum chassis, industry standard-sized wheels with pre-mounted all-terrain 6 5/8"/17cm tires and eight oil-filled shocks are standard. Ground clearance is more than 4"/10cm.
A new version, the "Special Edition," adds two significant upgrades, namely stronger steel gears in the two-speed transmission and steel constant velocity joints.
Team Associated’s XP-3 three-channel radio system is factory installed. Like all Associated models, an extensive line of performance upgrades is available.
The model is built in China from Associated's US-made components. Parts, service and support are provided directly by Associated.
- Heavy-duty, high-torque steering servo
- Adjustable toe, camber and ride height
- Pivoting body mount system which allows an array of different bodies to be fitted
- Three-shoe, high performance centrifugal clutch
- Protective rollbar which doubles as a carrying handle
- Chrome-plated bumpers front and rear